For someone with disability who wishes to live in a home, we offer Supported Independent Living which is flexible and under the control of the individual.
Supported Independent Living Service
This service focuses on capacity building and connection to the local community. Our Supported Independent Living (SIL) service includes:
- Assistance with daily personal supports
- Accommodation-related community access (with specialised transport) such as shopping and medical appointments
The Supported Independent Living service is available in locations around Queensland and Victoria. Please contact us to discuss your needs and how we can support you.
Other Housing options
As a large disability housing provider we are looking to provide a range of housing options for people with disability.
- Helping put together households where people share Supported Independent Living, but do not need Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
- Providing disability housing options in new locations around Queensland and Victoria
Contact us for other options
If you are exploring options or thinking about how you could organise appropriate housing and Supported Independent Living for yourself or with others, please contact us and let us know what you would like to discuss.
We can provide insight so that you better understand what kind of options are currently available and how your needs could be supported.
Supported Independent Living FAQs
- What does SDA (Specialist Disability Accommodation) funding mean? What do I need to get that type of funding?
Specialist Disability Accommodation funding is provided by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) on assessment of the applicants’ requirements. This funding will go towards accommodation expenses. If you think you might qualify for SDA funding please contact your support coordinator or NDIS planner. For more information our customer service team can try and point you in the right direction.
- What does SIL (Supported Independent Living) funding mean? What do I need to get that type of funding?
Specialist Independent Living funding is provided by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) on assessment of the applicants’ requirements. This funding will go towards support you require for daily tasks to live as independently as possible.. If you think you might qualify for SIL funding please contact your support coordinator or NDIS planner. Or for more information our customer service team can try and point you in the right direction.
3. Are the SIL (Supported Independent Living) staff experienced in dealing with mental health?
All our Supported Independent Living staff are experienced in dealing with mental health. If you are uncertain about the care you or your loved one would receive, please speak to a member of our team about your concerns and they can ensure any mental health requirements are taken into consideration throughout the process.